Eden Energy Medicine
Energy Medicine recognizes energy as a vital, living, moving force that determines much about health and happiness
In energy medicine, energy is the medicine, and energy is also the patient. You heal the body by activating its natural healing energies; you also heal the body by restoring energies that have become weak, disturbed, or out of balance.
Energy Medicine is both a complement to other approaches to medical care and a complete system for self-care and self-help.
Flow, balance, and harmony can be non-invasively restored and maintained within an energy system by
- Tapping, massaging, pinching, twisting, or connecting specific energy points on the skin
- Tracing or swirling the hand over the skin along specific energy pathways
- Exercises or postures designed for specific energetic effects
- Focused use of the mind to move specific energies
- Surrounding an area with healing energies (one person's energies impacts another's)"
Reference: Energy Medicine by Donna Eden (Tarcher/Penguin Putnam, 1999) & Innersource.net 2012 (http://innersource.net/em/article/109-aboutmain/whatisem/135-how-does-it-work.html)
It can address physical illness and emotional or mental disorders, and can also promote high-level wellness and peak performance. The essential principles of energy medicine include
To overcome illness and maintain vibrant health, the body needs its energies to
- Energies—both electromagnetic energies and more subtle energies—form the dynamic infrastructure of the physical body.
- The health of those energies–in terms of flow, balance, and harmony–is reflected in the health of the body.
- Move and have space to continue to move—energies may become blocked due to toxins, muscular or other constriction, prolonged stress, or interference from other energies.
- Move in specific patterns—generally in harmony with the physical structures and functions that the energies animate and support. "Flow follows function."
- Cross over—at all levels, from the microlevel of the double helix of DNA, extending to the macrolevel where the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side to the left.
- Maintain a balance with other energies—the energies may lose their natural balance due to prolonged stress or other conditions that keep specific energy systems in a survival mode.
Conversely, when the body is not healthy, corresponding disturbances in its energies can be identified and treated.
Eden Energy Medicine focuses on the energy fields of the body that organize and control the growth and repair of cells, tissue, and organs (as stated in the “Toolkit for Energy Healing Practitioners” by Donna Eden, worldwide author and educator). It has been used in cases of cancer, multiple sclerosis, hormonal imbalance and many other illnesses, as well as within hospitals. Dr. Mehmet Oz has said “Energy Medicine is the new frontier”.
Visit Donna Eden’s website at www.innersource.net